Bernadette Schwerdt: Speaker, Author and Online Marketing Strategist
Few conference speakers and trainers are as well credentialed and experienced as Bernadette.
Her eclectic background in business, the arts, education and training make her a unique performer that makes her hard to beat in terms of delivering engaging content and practical outcomes.
An accomplished businesswoman and author, she takes a common-sense approach to marketing, sales and communication that is equal parts practical, engaging and effective.
Bernadette spent over fifteen years as a communications master trainer with the prestigious Maura Fay Training Group and has written copy for the likes of iconic brands including Apple, BHP, Australia Post and Optus.
With her well-developed way with words, she founded one of the most successful writing training companies in Australia, the highly regarded Australian School of Copywriting, which specialises in the art of writing for marketing and business.
A woman of many skills, she is also the Executive Producer and Presenter of Fairfax Digital’s online TV show ‘Secrets of Aussie Online Entrepreneurs”, as well as being the talented author behind the best-selling manual “Writing for Profit”. She is also the author of the new book “Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs”.
It’s easy to see that Bernadette doesn’t only coach and inspire others – she also dives in and does. This hands-on know-how combined with a wealth of knowledge and experience makes Bernadette an incredibly valuable resource when it comes to helping people become their best.
See what Bernadette is up to:
Bernadette presents at various industry events, conferences, private functions and workshops. If you’re interested to attend one of Bernadette’s events, please check her events calendar.
Bernadette speaks on a range of topics including:
- Online Marketing
- Small Business Sales and Communication
- Technology and Digital Disruption
- The Internet of Things
- Influence and Persuasion
- Motivation and Inspiration
- Entrepreneurship and Intrepreneurship
A snapshot of Bernadette’s credentials:
- Founder of Australia’s largest copywriting training institution: The Australian School of Copywriting (copyschool.com)
- Executive Producer and Presenter of Fairfax Digital’s online TV show ‘Secrets of Aussie Online Entrepreneurs”,
- Specialist marketing reporter for Channel Nine’s The Small Business Show
- Lecturer at The University of Melbourne, RMIT, Swinburne University, Australian Direct Marketing Association (ADDMA), Victoria University
- Regular guest on ABC Radio
- Columnist for “Australian Business Solutions”, “Working Women”, “Living Now”, Inside Small Business and more.
- Senior Account Director with Wunderman Cato Johnson, a divison of one of the world’s largest advertising agencies, Young and Rubicam.
- Publicist with the Harry M. Miller Group
Her Qualifications Include:
- Winner – Bendigo Bank Business Excellence Award
- Bachelor of Business (Majoring in Marketing)
- Gold Medal Winner for Strategic Marketing from the University of Adelaide
- Certified Meta-NLP Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Accredited instructor of Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), DiSC and PADI
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Recipient of the Queen’s Silver Jubilee Trust for Young Australians
- Classically-trained actress (Victorian College of the Arts, 1995-1997)
Accomplished stage and TV performer:
Not only is she one of the country’s leading authorities on small business marketing and copywriting, she is also an accomplished actress appearing regularly on our screens in some of Australia’s leading movies and television shows like:
- Jack Irish
- Any Questions for Ben
- Blue Heelers
- The Games
- Round The Twist
- Halifax fp
As such, her presentations are imbued with theatricality, humour and compelling stories.
Experienced Corporate Trainer:
Bernadette is also a corporate trainer in high demand. She has trained literally thousands of senior executives in Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Japan and India in Presentation Skills, Leadership, Negotiation, Customer Service, Team Building and more. Her clients have included:
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- BT Financial Group
- Coles Myer Group
- Cadbury Schweppes
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- of Treasury & Finance
- Ernst and Young
- Ford Motor Company
- Macquarie Bank
- Merrill Lynch
- ..and many others.